Alzheimer’s is a brain disease that causes a slow decline in memory, thinking, and reasoning skills. There are 10 warning signs and symptoms.
- Memory Loss – This is the most common symptom of Alzheimer’s. Are you forgetting newly learned information, dates, events, or asking for the same information over and over?
- Problem Solving – Some people may have difficulties following a plan. Is it difficult to follow a recipe you have used many times or keeping track of monthly bills?
- Daily Tasks – Familiar things can become hard. Do you have trouble driving to a familiar location or remembering the rules to a favorite game?
- Times and Places are Confusing – Do you forget where you are or how you got there? Do you get lost easily?
- Changes in Vision – Is it hard to read, judge distance, or tell colors apart?
- Frustration with Words and Conversations – Vocabulary becomes hard. Can you find the right word, follow conversations, or do you repeat yourself?
- Misplacing Things – We all misplace things occasionally. Do you put things in odd places, can you retrace your steps to find them again? Do you accuse people of taking things?
- Lapse in Judgement – Changes in judgement or decision making. Do you dress for the wrong weather, groom regularly, or make mistakes with money like giving it away when you normally would not?
- Social Withdrawal – Do you watch television or sleep more than usual? Do you have trouble keeping up with a favorite hobby or sports team?
- Mood Changes – Feeling depressed, scared, or anxious is a common symptom. Are you confused, easily agitated, or suspicious of people?
If you notice these signs, talk with your doctor. The sooner you do, the better. Starting treatment may help relieve symptoms and keep you independent longer.
Compassionate Alzheimer’s Care Dallas Seniors Deserve
If you or an aging loved-one are considering Alzheimer’s care in Dallas, TX, please contact the caring staff at Custom Caregivers today. Call us at (972) 702-7988.
Latest posts by Cindy Greenberg, Director of Compliance (see all)
- 10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s - January 25, 2018
- When is 24 Hour Care a Necessity and No Longer a Luxury? - December 20, 2017
- True or False? My Patient will Benefit From In Home Personal Care - October 27, 2017